The South Texas Alliance for Orphans serves and equips the church in fulfilling its call to care for children and families impacted by foster care. Our vision is to see that every child belongs to a safe and thriving family. We are looking for a gifted, skilled and passionate individual who sees serving our organization as the Communications Director as part of their personal ministry and mission. Alliance team members enjoy flexible work hours, work from home and in office workspace, leadership training, and the freedom to prioritize faith and family.
Three primary tasks of our Communications Director: know our audience, know their why, and utilize all
marketing channels efficiently and effectively to help them fulfill their purpose.
- Plan, Implement and Execute a multi-channel communications strategy
- Design, Prepare and Manage all communications material; digital, video, and print content
- Maintain brand integrity across platforms and print materials
- Track Engagement across platforms and make data driven decisions
- Design campaigns to target specific audiences
- Stay informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications to foster new ideas and innovation.
- Monitor company’s social media and online presence
- Develop materials, content and tools for fundraising and event promotion (website, newsletters, campaign materials, testimonials)
Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of content management system, currently use Kindful
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills
- Ability to multitask and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects, self-motivated, work both independently and in
- Proficient in Word Press, MailChimp, Google Drive, Microsoft Office
- Experience developing social media strategies and social media communities
- Skilled at clarifying our message by identifying the right content and getting it to the right people Education and Experience
- 3-plus years of experience in communications, marketing, managing digital content, strategic communications or equivalent. Non-profit experience and StoryBrand trained or certified a plus
Seeking 20 hours per week. Work hours are flexible with the exception of our weekly 2-hour team meeting. Ability to work remote or in our office. The position is for a contract employee and has no health care benefits. Compensation range $18-22 per hour.