The South Texas Alliance for Orphans serves and equips the church in fulfilling its call to care for children and families impacted by foster care. Our vision is to see that every child belongs to a safe and thriving family. We are looking for a gifted, skilled and passionate individual who sees serving our organization as the Communications Director as part of their personal ministry and mission. Alliance team members enjoy flexible work hours, work from home and in office workspace, leadership training, and the freedom to prioritize faith and family.
Three primary tasks of our Church Engagement Specialist: build relationships, assist churches in identifying ways to serve children and families, clearly communicate foster crisis, church role, and ways the Alliance can serve them.
Ideal Qualifications and Skills
- Personal experience in the foster, adopt or kinship realm.
- Led a foster/adopt ministry in their church or served in a leadership role in a church.
- History of leading others well and advancing a mission that impacts children and families.
- The Church Engagement Specialist must excel at building and stewarding relationships.
- Intentional in stewarding church engagement, engaging public speaker, proficient in record and data keeping and creative in finding solutions that fit each church’s unique DNA.
- Must be proficient in verbal, written and in person communication. Ability to multitask and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects, self-motivated, work both independently and in collaboration.
- Proficient in Word Press, MailChimp, Google Drive, Microsoft Office
- Seeking 20 hours per week. Work hours are flexible with the exception of our weekly 2-hour team meeting. Ability to work remote or in our office. The position is for a contract employee and has no health care benefits. Compensation range $18-22 per hour.